Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Off to Scotland!

I am off to Scotland on a 10 day mission trip, so wish me well and make a note to come back in about two weeks!

Cornerston Chapel, my local church in Leesburg VA, teamed up with Calvary Christian Fellowship Motherwell church, located in Motherwell, Scotland.

Twenty-six of us from Cornerstone Chapel are going, split about evenly between adults and high school kids. We'll be doing a variety of things; helping to teach a bible school for the local kids, engaging in "street evangelism" to try and bring some people to God, and just in general helping out. We've even got a few little skits planned for our street theater. There is a day set aside for sightseeing, so it is not all work and no play.

Of course I'll bring my camera, and if all goes well I'll post some photos when I get back (I promise to take time and learn how to do it).

I've never done anything quite like this, so I'll admit I'm a bit aprehensive. Sure, I've gone on other trips with other churches, but they were mainly work trips, where we rebuilt homes, sort of like what a Habitat for Humanity does. Keep me in your prayers if you don't mind. Of course, I'm sure God is laughing at me; "...do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself!" Matt 6:34